The medical status of the victim is a major factor to consider in personal injury claims. A personal injury attorney can provide you with complete support for the personal injury compensation claim case. But the legal nurse consulting professional is the person to evaluate your injuries in legal terms.
Therefore, attorneys need the support of experienced legal nurse consultants, especially in cases where the probabilities and assumptions about the plaintiff’s medical condition play the most important role in navigating the case.
Making the right sense of records
The assistance from the nursing consultants is invaluable when it comes to the review of the medical records of the plaintiff. The review process demands in-depth scientific knowledge and specialized training.
- The medical malpractice consulting professionals can decipher the complex medical terminologies present on the reports and operative notes to elaborate better in front of the judge and jury.
- Medical terms can be a foreign language to many injury attorneys. For them, the legal nurse consultant will save many time-consuming efforts to translate these medical terms.
Moreover, there might be a need for a comparative analysis of the health reports of the plaintiff before and after the accident. The professional can simplify the medical records and explain them in straightforward language.
Analyzing the standard of care
Many medical malpractice cases revolve around the factor that the medical professionals or care providers failed to adhere to the standard of care while treating the plaintiff.
A legal consulting nurse can help in preparing the documents which chronicle the points or issues that directly defy the necessary standard of care. A thorough review of the medical records will help the consulting legal nurse to establish the deviations from the standard of care and how they contributed to the patient’s health deterioration.
Pinpointing the proximate causes
Your legal team will be able to determine the proximate cause of a medical negligence case with the help of an experienced legal nurse in Colorado. Proximate cause is precisely the legal cause of the victim’s injuries.
Therefore, it refers to the incident causing foreseeable consequences without interventions of any other unforeseeable or independent cause.
- An LNC will determine the factors contributing to the injuries with thorough research and summarization of the literature available.
- Moreover, the background of the consultant will aid in distinguishing the pre-existing injuries and the ones arising from the recent incident.
- The consultant can also explain vividly the probability of future injuries and illnesses that can arise as a long-term consequence of the medical injuries.
Thus, the injury consultant can strengthen the case at the very point that is necessary to prove the negligence of the healthcare professionals.
Accurate damage assessment
The legal consulting nurses will share an opinion on whether the health reports, medical history, and recent reports confirm the viability of the client’s claims. The LNC has the right to attend the client’s medical examinations and conduct the necessary medical research on the particular issue.
- The consulting legal nurse can evaluate all the pieces of evidence related to the medical injury to assess the cause and damage.
- The damage assessment includes the present injuries or illness arising from the medical malpractice and the future implications of the same.
For instance, an injury attorney may not know that the surgical mistake can lead to the gradual shutdown of certain organs in the future. But the legal consulting nurse will know and share the same for the proper estimation of damage.
Assistance in strategy development
Building a strong case for the client to prove the medical malpractice claim is a challenging task. The defendant will obviously try to use all possible medical factors to prove the defendant right.
If you want to play strategically, you will need the support of the nurse consulting. During the litigation process, the nurse consultant can help in the discovery process and collaborate positively with testifying expert witnesses.
The perfect medical-legal assistance
Altogether, the perfect combination of medical and legal knowledge makes consulting nurse professionals ideal for representing personal injury claims for medical malpractice.
The professionals always have an eye for details. They use their long experience in the healthcare industry and their familiarity with medical terms to prove the claim of the plaintiff. Hire the best professionals to wrap up the case quickly and successfully.